Saturday, February 27, 2010

Full Custom






Well, after finding out that the rear deck lid was too damaged to be reused(a good used one is on the way from Germany) I started looking for ways to use the extra steel. After staring at it long enough and drinking a few beers I came up with the idea to use the intake vents to cover that annoying hole in the back of the car body. Every 700 I see, that hole seems to kill the overall look of the rear end for me. Most people put the license plate over it, but I had something different in mind. So, I cut the vents out of the old lid, trimmed them down, made a template of the panel, squared it up and centered on the rear of the car, welded it in place, ground down the welds, and the result is a custom grill that will not only match the deck lid but is also made of recycled parts from the original car!

1 comment:

  1. Si tapas Agujero el, Como regularas Los PLATINOS El avance y del Encendido ? Como cambiarás PLATINOS Los ?

    ReplyDelete